2019 Meadowbank Riesling

ProducerMeadowbank
RegionDerwent Vally, Tasmania
StatusOrganically grown
Winemaker

Peter Dredge

Website https://www.meadowbank.com.au
ViticulturistGerald Ellis
WineFrom 2017, Peter Dredge has rolled out organic practices across all the Estate's vineyards allocated for the rebooted Meadowbank label. From the Estate's sandy north-facing slopes, this juicy, spine-tingling Riesling was handpicked, whole-cluster pressed and naturally fermented: 60% in stainless steel with a smidge of residual sugar remaining and 40% wild-fermented in wood until dry. Both parcels were matured on their lees for three months before blending and bottling without fining.

This is lovely stuff. Fine, citrus and white peach notes with a long, racy close. There's just a gentle kiss of sweetness that works perfectly with the driven freshness of the wine.
AwardsPlaced #2 in Australia’s top 10 “best light + refreshing white wines” category:
“An absolutely brilliant, scintillating white of fragrance, precision and racy nature. Opens with talcum and floral aromas, mouthwatering apple-y palate, and presents as a more textural riesling. There’s plenty going on in the fruit, minerality, texture and velocity departments here. Ultra tasty, is the assessment.”
Tasting NoteCitrus - White peach - Racy
DrinkDinner party